After we receive your application, we will send you a Hawk ID and password to access MyUI, a web-based student service center where you can check the status of your application and conduct other university business online.

  • Log In to MyUI
    If you forget your Hawk ID, contact Admissions at 319-335-3847 weekdays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time. If you forget your password, request a Password Reset.

Additional Information on Your Admissions Profile

Use your Admissions Profile on MyUI to conduct a variety of university business. The Admissions Profile tab is in the QuickLinks box.

  • Your transcripts and test scores. Check to make sure we have all of the documents to support your application for admission. Please also make sure we have your current contact information and address.
  • Your admission status. The profile will indicate your degree objective, tuition classification, and our admission decision.
  • Your University ID number. Located in the Personal Information section, this will be your identification number while at the university. Be sure to learn it and include it in all your correspondence with us.
  • Your housing application, if applicable.
  • The status of your financial aid application, if applicable.
  • Instructions for setting up your free university email account. After you are admitted, you can set up your university email account. It's easy, free, and the university may use it to send you important information. You may choose to redirect mail from your Iowa account to another account (Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Health insurance forms if you wish to enroll in the group insurance plan available through the University.
  • The medical history form for your physician to complete (includes information about the MMR immunity requirement and other requirements for international students).

Additional Features in MyUI

  • Browse descriptions of courses.
  • Build your class schedule.
  • Register for classes.
  • Change your address.
  • Access your grades.
  • Access and pay your University bill (U-bill).
  • Access other personal information, including maps to your campus buildings.