When viewing your program's cost of attendance, please review the following potential additional expenses:
For first semester students
- International Graduate Matriculation Fee: $325
- Records and documents fee (for first semester students): $250
- English Proficiency Evaluation: $120
For first semester and returning students
- Living expenses*: $20,976
- Books and supplies: $650
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) rate**: $2,925
- International Student Fee
- $250 for fall and spring semester enrollment
- $67.50 per summer semester enrollment
* Living expenses reflect the estimated annual student costs of housing, transportation, food, and other personal expenses based on federal financial aid guidelines (family expenses not included), according to the UI Office of Student Financial Aid.
** Listed expenses are student only for nine months. For more detailed information on insurance options for graduate students visit the UI Benefits Office.
Students with assistantships
Students holding an assistantship (quarter-time or more) are classified as residents for fee purposes for the terms during which their appointments are held and any adjacent Summer Sessions in which they are enrolled. They are not assessed a technology fee.
Students holding a quarter-time or more teaching or research assistantship (covered by the COGS bargaining unit) are assured a minimum tuition scholarship. This does not include scholarships for Summer Session enrollment. Rates are based on a registration of 9 semester hours (or more) and are prorated as necessary.