The graduate application process has two steps
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Submit supplemental materials required by your degree program. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile in MyUI, our online service center for applicants and students.
GRE scores are not required for this program.
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- A statement of purpose that explains how the degree advances your career goals
- An up-to-date CV or résumé
- Recommendations: As explained below, your application will include three letters of recommendation. These letters should come from individuals who can speak to your skills and capacities as a professional communicator, and to your potential for advancement in this field.
- Students are asked to submit two writing samples. Respond to two of the three following prompts. Each response should be a maximum of 200 words.
- Tell us about an idea or experience that you have had, that you find intellectually engaging.
- What does an organization’s past have to do with its future?
- When do you know you’ve done your best?
The application requirement section of your Profile includes an electronic letter of recommendation feature. If your program of study requires letters of recommendation, you will be asked to give the contact information of your recommenders including their email on your Admissions Profile. The recommender will then get an email giving them instructions on how to upload the recommendation letter and/or form.
- Three letters of recommendation
Materials to send to Admissions
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment. For international records, all records should bear the original stamp or seal of the institution and the signature of a school official. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a complete, literal, English translation, certified by the issuing institution.
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or DuoLingo scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.