The Master of Public Health (MPH) is awarded by the Graduate College. It is a nonthesis degree. Iowa also offers Combined Degree Programs in Public Health (including an MPH/JD, MPH/MD, and an MPH/PharmD).
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
- Applicants must have earned a Bachelor's or a professional degree
- The minimum grade point average requirement for admission to the MPH program is 3.0.
- English proficiency requirement, which can be found here
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall Semester—April 15
- Spring Semester—November 1*
- Summer Session—April 15 (March 1 for practicing veterinarians)
* Note that only combined degree applications are accepted for the Spring Semester (i.e. JD/MPH, MD/MPH, PharmD/MPH, and DVM/MPH)
Please review these detailed instructions and requirements for applying to the University of Iowa Master of Public Health Program