The MS and the PhD in Epidemiology are awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the College of Public Health. The MS is offered with or without a thesis.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
For the MS:
- Fall semester—June 1 (April 15 for international students)
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—April 15 (March 1 for international students)
For the PhD:
- Fall semester—April 1
- Spring semester—October 1 (fall admission is preferred)
- Summer session—not offered
Please review these detailed instructions and requirements for applying to the University of Iowa Department of Epidemiology.