Through the University College, students can pursue an online graduate degree or graduate certificate program – all from the comfort of their home.
If you're interested in distance learning options, the University of Iowa offers locations in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities, Iowa Lakeside Lab and Regents Resource Center, and the Western Iowa Regents Resource Center to further your education.
Take your education to the next level with one of nine online graduate programs at Iowa.
distance and online courses
- Submit a Distance and Online Student (Nondegree) Application
Important Note: You do NOT have to pay an application fee to complete this application.
- U.S. students: Official transcripts are required as well as meeting a minimum 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale) GPA
- International Students only: A minimum GPA of 2.50 or above (on a 4.00 scale) or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
Submit official records and degree certificate, translated and untranslated, to the Office of Admissions, 108 Calvin Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242-1396
- A baccalaureate degree from a Regionally Accredited Institution or an equivalent degree from another country
- A minimum GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale.
- You must enroll in courses numbered 3000-level or above to earn graduate credit
- Registration is restricted to courses and workshops offered through Distance and Online Education
- Credit earned cannot count toward satisfying the residence requirement for a degree