Applicants for whom payment of the application fee presents a significant financial hardship may request an application fee waiver. You might be eligible for an application fee waiver based on program participation or financial hardship.
If you have participated in one of the programs below, you are eligible for an application fee waiver.
- McNair Scholarship Program
- SROP (Summer Research Opportunity Program)
- AGEP (Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate)
- FreeApp Big Ten Academic Alliance
- National GEM Consortium
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in Microbiology
- Post-Baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP@Iowa)
Applications are not processed until the Office of Admissions receives one of the following three forms of documentation:
- Letter from your previous institution's financial aid office confirming that payment of the fee would present a significant financial hardship
- Letter from a social service agency stating that you are receiving some form of public assistance
- Copy of your latest income tax return
Once you’ve submitted your application, fee waiver documentation should be uploaded to your Admissions Profile in MyUI.