The MA in Teaching and Learning with a focus in Teaching, Leadership and Cultural Competency is awarded by the Graduate College. The MA is a non-thesis degree offered online only.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall Semester - August 19
- 2nd Fall Semester Deadline - October 14
- Spring Semester—January 8
- 2nd Spring Semester Deadline—March 10
- Summer Session - June 8
The graduate application process has two steps
- You must submit the online application to the University of Iowa
- You must upload a transcript and proof of teaching licensure to the application
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your application. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment. For international records, all records should bear the original stamp or seal of the institution and the signature of a school official. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a complete, literal, English translation, certified by the issuing institution.
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.