The Master of Clinical Nutrition program at the University of Iowa is an on-campus, non-thesis, 20-month graduate level program awarding the Master of Clinical Nutrition degree and verification statement providing eligibility to take the Commission on Dietetic Registration Entry-level Registration Examination for Dietitians.
Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the department offering the degree program. Admission Requirements
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
One class of 16 students is enrolled in August each year. Applications are accepted starting in September and all materials for application must be received by June 1.
- Fall semester—June 1
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—not offered
Submit the online application to the Office of Admissions
Send all official transcript(s) showing your coursework and degree to the Office of Admissions (address in Contact Information)
Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Send official scores to the University of Iowa using GRE Code 6681.
Letters of Reference
Submit 3 letters of reference (two from a collegiate academic reference and one from a health care or food service experience supervisor) to the Master of Clinical Nutrition Program (address in Contact Information)
Submit a 1,000 (or less) word essay describing why you want to enter the dietetics profession, experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career, your short-term and long-term goals, and your strengths and areas needing improvement to the Master of Clinical Nutrition Program.
Include the following information and submit to the Master of Clinical Nutrition Program.
- Education – include all associate, bachelor, and graduate degrees
- Work Experience – include the position title, employer, dates, and total hours worked
- Research Experience – include the position title, employer and/or researcher, dates, and total hours worked
- Volunteer Experience – include the position title, organization, dates, total hours volunteered
- Professional Memberships/Leadership Positions
- Extracurricular Activities
Master of Clinical Nutrition
Department of Food and Nutrition Services
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Iowa City, IA 52242-1051
Office of Admissions
The University of Iowa
108 Calvin Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242-1396