Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).International students whose first language is not English are advised to review the English language proficiency recommendations for prospective applicants.
Estimated Cost of AttendanceStudents admitted to the PhD program receive a stipend and a health insurance allowance in addition to full payment of their tuition and mandatory fees.
- Fall semester—February 15 (applications received after February 15 will be considered on a rolling basis)
- Spring semester—rarely offered
- Summer session—rarely offered
The graduate application process
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile in MyUI, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this AFTER you have submitted your application.
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Personal Statement
Recommendations The application requirement section of your Profile includes an electronic letter of recommendation feature. If your program of study requires letters of recommendation, you will be asked to give the contact information of your recommenders including their email on your Admissions Profile. The recommender will then get an email giving them instructions on how to upload the recommendation letter and/or form.
- Three letters of recommendation
Materials to send to Admissions
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment.
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the University's institutional code is 6681).
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.
Fee Waiver - Applicants for whom payment of the application fee presents a significant financial hardship may request an application fee waiver.
Reimbursement - Applicants to the Human Toxicology PhD Program will have the application fee reimbursed by the Human Toxicology Program if (1) the applicant receives an interview invitation and (2) the applicant completes the interview.
Human Toxicology Program
219 Institute for Rural and Environmental Health
Iowa City, IA 52242
Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org | 319-335-4346 Director of Graduate Studies:email@example.com | 319-335-4353 Program Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org | 319-335-4419
Office of Admissions
The University of Iowa
107 Calvin Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242-1396