If accepted, international applicants who expect to hold F-1 or J-1 visa status must submit evidence of adequate financial support to cover the costs of one full year of study at the University of Iowa before a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20A-B or DS-2019) will be issued.

Graduate Research or Teaching Assistantships may be used to satisfy the financial requirement. Students with dependents must include additional financial support for any dependents who accompany them to the United States.