The graduate application process has two steps
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Submit supplemental materials required by your degree program. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile in MyUI, our online service center for applicants and students.
GRE scores are not required for this program.
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
- A one- to two-page statement of purpose
- A digital portfolio consisting of 15-20 work samples and images of your artwork that best represents your interests, accomplishments and abilities
- Format as a single 15-20 page PDF document containing 15-20 work samples
- Individual pages may include a single piece or multiple views of an item: for example, several page spreads
- Image files should be no larger than 1500 pixels in either direction
- Application for Graduate Awards
The application requirement section of your Profile includes an electronic letter of recommendation feature. If your program of study requires letters of recommendation, you will be asked to give the contact information of your recommenders including their email on your Admissions Profile. The recommender will then get an email giving them instructions on how to upload the recommendation letter and/or form.
- Three letters of recommendation
Materials to send to Admissions
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment. For international records, all records should bear the original stamp or seal of the institution and the signature of a school official. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a complete, literal, English translation, certified by the issuing institution.
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or DuoLingo scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.