What We Offer
The community provides numerous entertainment and housing options for young adult students and students with families.
- A vibrant campus. Iowa's campus is beautiful, pedestrian-friendly, and offers a variety of entertainment options.
- A cultured community. Offerings include great restaurants, eclectic book stores, and abundant live performance venues. Check out the connections you can make through the Iowa City/Coralville Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Family support. Graduate students with families will find plenty of Family Resources and family-oriented things to do.
- Accessibility. We're within a five-hour drive of Chicago, Minneapolis, Omaha, Kansas City, and St. Louis, and Making Travel Arrangements is a breeze.
Our Track Record
Many Iowa students fall in love with Iowa City and never leave, choosing to establish their careers and families here. The community also ranks high in published reports.
- #1 Best College Towns in America, according to reviews.org, 2019.
- 95% of Graduates Find Jobs or Pursue Graduate School Within Six Months of Graduation
- One of two UNESCO Cities of Literature in the U.S., as designated by UNESCO in 2019.
- #3 Best Recreation Center of any campus in the nation, bestcollegereviews.org.
- #34 Best Public University, as stated by U.S. News & World Report.
- #4 Best Places to Live, as seen in Livability.com.
- Ranked Among the Top 1% of Universities Worldwide, Center for World University Rankings.