College of Dentistry
The University of Iowa College of Dentistry offers a DDS degree and instruction in several other programs that can lead to a master's or a PhD degree in the field of dentistry. In fact, the College of Dentistry is one of only a small number of dental schools with advanced programs in all specialty areas.
College Website: College of Dentistry
This professional degree program requires three years of preprofessional study and four years of study in the College of Dentistry.
Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
Graduate Programs in Dentistry
Applicants to the programs listed below will need to meet the requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering instruction. Click on the program that interests you for admission and application information.
- Dental Public Health (MS)
- Endodontics (Certificate)
- Geriatric & Special Needs Dentistry (Certificate)
- Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology (Certificate)
- Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology (Certificate)
- Oral Science/General Practice Residency (MS or PhD)
- Orthodontics (MS)
- Pediatric Dentistry (Certificate)
- Periodontics (Certificate)
- Prosthodontics (Certificate)