The Certificate in Periodontics is awarded by the College of Dentistry. An MS in Oral Science may be completed in conjunction with the certificate program.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the estimated costs of attendance relating to the Periodontics certificate program. There is a $10,000 per year surcharge for international students.
- Fall semester—not offered
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—July 15
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions. When completing the application, indicate Oral Science as the department and Periodontics as the subarea/specialization. If you want to apply to ONLY the certificate program, fill out the graduate nondegree application and write the certificate program you are applying to under the “Purpose of Attending” section.
The graduate application process has two steps
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile on Iowa Student Information System, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this AFTER you have submitted your application.
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
The application requirement section of your Profile includes an electronic letter of recommendation feature. If your program of study requires letters of recommendation, you will be asked to give the contact information of your recommenders including their email on your Admissions Profile. The recommender will then get an email giving them instructions on how to upload the recommendation letter and/or form.
Materials to send to Admissions
- The Supplemental Application Form
- Your National Board Exams (Part I is required at time of application and Part II is required prior to entering the program.)
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- International students are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.