Operative Dentistry (Certificate)
The certificate in Operative Dentistry is awarded by the College of Dentistry. An MS in Oral Science must be completed in conjunction with the certificate program.
Review the department's website for admission requirements.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Fall semester—not offered
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—October 1
If you are wanting to earn the MS in Oral Science as well as the Certificate in Operative Dentistry, you need to fill out the Graduate College application. Choose Oral Science as your main program of study, then write in Operative Dentistry in the subarea section. If you want to apply to ONLY the certificate program, fill out the graduate nondegree application and write the certificate program you are applying to under the “Purpose of Attending” section.
The graduate application process has two steps
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile on Iowa Student Information System, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this AFTER you have submitted your application.
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- The Application Supplement
- Official copy of dental license
The application requirement section of your Profile includes an electronic letter of recommendation feature. If your program of study requires letters of recommendation, you will be asked to give the contact information of your recommenders including their email on your Admissions Profile. The recommender will then get an email giving them instructions on how to upload the recommendation letter and/or form.
- Three letters of recommendation
Materials to send to Admissions
- A set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.