Operative Dentistry (Certificate)
The certificate in Operative Dentistry is awarded by the College of Dentistry. An MS in Oral Science must be completed in conjunction with the certificate program.
Review the department's website for admission requirements.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Fall semester—not offered
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—October 1
If you are wanting to earn the MS in Oral Science as well as the Certificate in Operative Dentistry, you need to fill out the Graduate College application. Choose Oral Science as your main program of study, then write in Operative Dentistry in the subarea section.
Materials to send to the department:
- Your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (PDF)
- The Application Supplement (PDF)
- Official copy of dental diploma
- Official copy of dental license
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A second set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.