Physical Therapy (DPT)
The Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is a nonthesis degree. The degree is awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the Carver College of Medicine.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the Physical Therapy department's DPT Program.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall semester—not offered
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—November 1 (September 15 early admission)
The graduate application process
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile on the Iowa Student Information System, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this AFTER you have submitted your application.
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- Apply online to the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS).
- Send your official GRE scores from the Educational Testing Service (the university's institutional code is 6681) to the UI Office of Admissions.
Materials to send to Admissions
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the university's institutional code is 6681).
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.