Nursing - Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is a professional degree program offering several Areas of Specialization in the College of Nursing.
Note for International Applicants: Due to the level of Internet-based course work in the DNP program, international students in this program of study are not eligible for F-1 or J-1 student immigration status. Questions regarding visas and immigration documentation should be addressed to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
Admission to all DNP programs—except the Nurse Anesthetist DNP program—is offered only for the Fall Semester. The Nurse Anesthetist DNP program offers only Summer Session admission.
- Fall Semester—October 1
- Summer Session (offered only for the Nurse Anesthetist DNP program)—June 1 of each year for a session beginning the following summer
- Spring Semester—not offered
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions.
Materials to send to the department:
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A second set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."