Nursing - Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is a professional degree program offering several Areas of Specialization in the College of Nursing.
Note for International Applicants: Due to the level of Internet-based course work in the DNP program, international students in this program of study are not eligible for F-1 or J-1 student immigration status. Questions regarding visas and immigration documentation should be addressed to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
Admission to all DNP programs—except the Nurse Anesthetist DNP program—is offered only for the Fall Semester. The Nurse Anesthetist DNP program offers only Summer Session admission.
- Fall Semester—February 1
- Summer Session (offered only for the Nurse Anesthetist DNP program)—June 1 of each year for a session beginning the following summer
- Spring Semester—not offered
The graduate application process has two steps
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile on Iowa Student Information System, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this AFTER you have submitted your application.
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- Statement of Purpose
- Supplemental Information form
- Copy of RN license
- Statement of Disclosure
The application requirement section of your Profile includes an electronic letter of recommendation feature. If your program of study requires letters of recommendation, you will be asked to give the contact information of your recommenders including their email on your Admissions Profile. The recommender will then get an email giving them instructions on how to upload the recommendation letter and/or form.
- Three letters of recommendation
Materials to send to Admissions
- A set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.