Health Management & Policy (MHA)
The MHA in the Health Management & Policy is awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the College of Public Health. The MHA is a nonthesis degree. Iowa also offers Combined Degree Programs in Health Management & Policy.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- The deadline for applicants is December 1. Students wishing to compete for departmental financial assistance should apply by this date.
- Applications will be accepted after this date as space allows.
Applicants must apply through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) or the Healthcare Administration, Management & Policy Centralized Application Service (HAMPCAS) as well as to the University of Iowa Admissions Office. Please read the detailed instructions and requirements below to ensure that all application materials are submitted properly. Transcripts and test scores may take several weeks to arrive and it is strongly recommended that you begin the application process early.
A complete application to the University of Iowa MHA Program is comprised of two parts: 1) an application and supporting documents submitted to SOPHAS or HAMPCAS and 2) an application and supporting documents submitted to the University of Iowa Office of Graduate Admissions.
The graduate application process
- Submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- Official transcripts showing all previous undergraduate and graduate work with grades and degrees
- Official GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- TOEFL (International Students only)
Materials sent to the department directly
Official MCAT or LSAT scores if substituting for GRE
Materials to send to Admissions
- Official transcripts
- Official GMAT scores if substituting for GRE
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.