Biostatistics (MS or PhD)
The MS and the PhD in Biostatistics are awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the College of Public Health. The MS is offered with or without a thesis.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall semester—December 1 (priority date to be considered for financial aid)
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—not offered
The graduate application process has two steps
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- A complete SOPHAS (http://www.sophas.org/) application :
- Official transcripts showing all previous undergraduate and graduate work with grades and degrees.
- Official GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement (1500 word limit)
- Résumé describing educational and employment history
- Writing Sample (PhD applicants only)
- TOEFL for International Students. The minimum required scores are: paper 600, computer 250, and internet 100. Automatic waivers of this requirement are granted for persons who have completed a bachelor's degree (or higher) at an accredited university in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada (excluding French Quebec), Africa (English speaking), Australia, or New Zealand.
Materials to send to Admissions
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.