Art Education (MA)
The MA in Art with a focus in Art Education is awarded by the Graduate College. The program is administered by the College of Education in cooperation with the School of Art and Art History. Application is made to the College of Education.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall Semester—July 15 (April 15 for international students)
- Spring Semester—December 1 (October 1 for international students)
- Summer Session—April 15 (March 1 for international students)
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to the College of Education and some to the Office of Admissions.
Materials to send to the department:
- Your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (PDF)
- A statement of purpose
- A writing sample
- Ten slides (including two studio areas)
- Application for Graduate Awards (PDF)
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A second set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
- Your official GREscores from Educational Testing Service
The University's institutional code is 6681.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."