Applications for the MS in Engineering & Information Technology are not being accepted at this time.
The MS in Engineering & Information Technology is awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the College of Engineering. The MSEIT is offered without a thesis.
This is a Distance Education program only (Davenport, IA)
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the departments offering the degree program
- A bachelor’s degree from a Regionally Accredited American College or University, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions in engineering or computer science or related degree.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- GRE - not required
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees will be $1,250/semester hour or $3750 for a 3-credit course. Tuition rate is standardized and does not depend on state residency.
- Fall Semester— rolling deadline
- Spring Semester— rolling deadline
The graduate application process has two steps
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile in MyUI, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this after you have submitted your application.
The application requirement section of your Profile includes an electronic letter of recommendation feature. If your program of study requires letters of recommendation, you will be asked to give the contact information of your recommenders including their email on your Admissions Profile. The recommender will then get an email giving them instructions on how to upload the recommendation letter and/or form.
- Three letters of recommendation
Materials to send to Admissions
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment. For international records, all records should bear the original stamp or seal of the institution and the signature of a school official. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a complete, literal, English translation, certified by the issuing institution.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."
Master of Science in Engineering & Information Technology Coordinator
The University of Iowa
3100 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts & Sciences
Iowa City, IA 52242
Office of Admissions
The University of Iowa
108 Calvin Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242-1396