The Dietetic Internship Program is a post-baccalaureate program offered by UI Hospitals & Clinics that prepares students to sit for the registration examination to become a registered dietitian.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall semester—February 15
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—not offered
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- Application to the dietetic internship program requires that you successfully complete the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements, at least a bachelor’s degree at a U.S. regionally accredited university or college prior to the start date of the internship; Meet recency of education requirements, and take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants to the Dietetic Internship (DI) must participate in a computer matching program administered by D&D Digital Systems with a Februrary 15 application deadline.
- Applications must be completed in the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS).
- Send your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the University's institutional code is 6681) to the UI Office of Admissions.
Materials to send to Admissions
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment.
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the University's institutional code is 6681).
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
Dietetic Internship Program
Department of Food and Nutrition Services
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Iowa City, IA 52242-1051
Office of Admissions
The University of Iowa
107 Calvin Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242-1396