Translational Biomedicine (MS or PhD)
The MS and the PhD in Translational Biomedicine are interdisciplinary degrees awarded by the Graduate College. The MS is a nonthesis degree.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall semester—July 15 (April 15 for international students)
- Spring semester—December 1 (October 1 for international students)
- Summer session—April 15 (March 1 for international students)
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions.
Materials to send to the department:
- Your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (PDF)
- A personal statement
- A curriculum vitae
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A second set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."