Rehabilitation Counselor Education (PhD)
The PhD in Rehabilitation Counselor Education is awarded by the Graduate College.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall entry is strongly advised. Faculty consideration of applications begins January 15 for fall entry, November 15 for spring entry, and April 1 for summer entry.
- After these dates, applications will be reviewed as they are received by the program faculty until the doctoral student cohort has been finalized.
- Applicants are encouraged to check with the UI Office of Student Financial Aid for deadlines regarding financial aid applications.
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions.
Materials to send to the College of Education:
- Your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (PDF)
- A statement of purpose, including a statement of your personal career objectives
- A personal or telephone interview also is required.
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A second set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the University's institutional code is 6681).
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."