The Certificate in Prosthodontics is awarded by the College of Dentistry. An MS in Oral Science may be completed in conjunction with the certificate program.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Fall semester—not offered
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—September 1
For this degree program, you will need to send some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions, which handles Graduate College applications. When completing the application, indicate oral science as the department and prosthodontics as the subarea/specialization.
Materials to send to the department:
- Your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- The Application Supplement (PDF)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (PDF)
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A second set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."