Physician Assistant Program (MPA)
The Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPA or MPAS) is awarded by the Carver College of Medicine. It is a nonthesis degree. The program is open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall semester—not offered
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—November 1
- Apply online to the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the University's institutional code is 6681).
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."