The MS in Pathology is awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the Carver College of Medicine.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall semester—February 15 (January 15 for international students)
- Spring semester—October 15 (September 15 for international students)
- Summer session—not offered
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions.
Materials to send to the department:
- Your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Three letters of recommendation should be sent to (all other materials for the department should be sent to the department address listed lower on this web page):
Director, Department of Pathology Graduate Program
The University of Iowa
Carver College of Medicine
Iowa City, IA 52242
- A personal statement
- Medical or dental students must submit a letter from their dean's office indicating approval for an appropriate leave of absence from their regular curriculum.
- A personal interview with the Pathology Graduate Program Committee also is preferred.
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A second set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the university's institutional code is 6681).
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download & Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."