Occupational & Environmental Health (MS or PhD)
The MS and the PhD in Occupational and Environmental Health are awarded by the Graduate College. The college also offers subtracks in Industrial Hygiene and in Agricultural Safety and Health.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall Semester – May 1 (February 1 priority date to be considered for financial aid)
- Spring Semester – not offered
- Summer Semester – not offered
The graduate application process
- Submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- A complete SOPHAS application
- Official transcripts showing all previous undergraduate and graduate work with grades and degrees
- Official GRE scores
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal statement (describe your interest in the program, research interests and career goals)
- Official TOEFL scores for International students
Materials to send to Admissions
- A set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the University's institutional code is 6681).
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.