Occupational & Environmental Health (MS or PhD)
The MS and the PhD in Occupational and Environmental Health are awarded by the Graduate College. The college also offers subtracks in Industrial Hygiene and in Agricultural Safety and Health.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
- Fall Semester – May 1 (February 1 priority date to be considered for financial aid)
- Spring Semester – not offered
- Summer Semester – not offered
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions.
Materials to submit to SOPHAS (www.sophas.org):
- A complete SOPHAS application
- Official transcripts showing all previous undergraduate and graduate work with grades and degrees
- Official GRE scores
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal statement (describe your interest in the program, research interests and career goals)
- Official TOEFL scores for International students
Materials to send to the University of Iowa Office of Admissions:
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."