Health Services & Policy (PhD)
The PhD in Health Services & Policy is awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the College of Public Health's Department of Health Management and Policy.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
Fall Semester only
- The priority deadline is January 15. Because financial decisions are made throughout the admissions period, early applicants are more likely to receive full consideration for financial aid.
- Applications will be accepted after this date as space allows.
A complete application to the University of Iowa Ph.D. in Health Services and Policy Program is comprised of two parts: 1) an application and supporting documents submitted to SOPHAS and 2) an application and supporting documents submitted to the University of Iowa Office of Graduate Admissions.
The graduate application process has two steps
- Submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
- Materials sent to the department via SOPHAS: http://www.sophas.org/
- Official transcripts showing all previous undergraduate and graduate work with grades and degrees.
- Official GRE scores– use code 0658
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement– Please identify and rank which focus area(s) you are applying to and why. Visit the HMP website for detailed information on the three Focus Areas: Health Economics, Health Policy, and Health Management and Organizations. http://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/hmp-phd-focal-areas/.
- TOEFL (International Students only)
Materials to send to Admissions
Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.