Health Management & Policy (EMHA)
The Executive MHA in the Health Management & Policy is awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the College of Public Health. The EMHA is a nonthesis degree.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
The deadline for applicants is April 1.
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions.
Materials to send to the department (Send materials to: Ian-Montgomery@uiowa.edu:
- Letter of interest - Your letter of interest should address your career path to-date, your reasons for pursuing an EMHA, what you will bring to your student cohort, how you plan to use the MHA degree, and any other relevant points.
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of professional recommendation (no form necessary).
Materials to send to Admissions:
- Apply online using the Graduate Application and complete the required fields marked with a red asterisk (*).
- Official GRE scores (waiver option for those with a graduate/professional degree)
- Official transcripts showing all previous undergraduate and graduate work
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."