Health Management & Policy (EMHA)
The Executive MHA in the Health Management & Policy is awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the College of Public Health. The EMHA is a nonthesis degree.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
The deadline for applicants is April 1.
The graduate application process
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile on the Iowa Student Information System, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this AFTER you have submitted your application.
Degree Program Supplemental Materials
Materials to send to the department (Send materials to: Ian-Montgomery@uiowa.edu):
- Letter of interest - Your letter of interest should address your career path to-date, your reasons for pursuing an EMHA, what you will bring to your student cohort, how you plan to use the MHA degree, and any other relevant points.
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of professional recommendation (no form necessary).
Materials to send to Admissions
- Official GRE scores (waiver option for those with a graduate/professional degree)
- Official transcripts showing all previous undergraduate and graduate work
Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.