Epidemiology (MS or PhD)
The MS and the PhD in Epidemiology are awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the College of Public Health. The MS is offered with or without a thesis.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
For the MS:
- Fall semester—June 1 (April 15 for international students)
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—April 15 (March 1 for international students)
For the PhD:
- Fall semester—April 1
- Spring semester—October 1 (fall admission is preferred)
- Summer session—not offered
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions.
Materials to send to the department via SOPHAS:
- Official transcripts showing all previous undergraduate and graduate work with grades and degrees.)
- Official GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- TOEFL for International Students
Materials to send to Admissions:
- Official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."