Dietetic Internship Program
The Dietetic Internship Program is a post-baccalaureate program offered by UI Hospitals & Clinics that prepares students to sit for the registration examination to become a registered dietitian.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Fall semester—February 15
- Spring semester—not offered
- Summer session—not offered
- Application to the dietetic internship program requires that you successfully complete the American Dietetic Association (ADA) Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements and at least a bachelor’s degree at a U.S. regionally accredited university or college prior to the start date of the internship.
- Applicants to the Dietetic Internship (DI) must participate in a computer matching program. Information booklets, mark/sense preference cards, and release cards may be obtained by contacting your Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) or use the online program offered by D&D Digital Systems. Request instructions and a “mark/sense preference” card for the matching program with enough time to meet the February 15 application deadline.
- Complete the University's Dietetic Internship Application and submit it to the UI Department of Food and Nutritional Services with the required supporting materials.
- Send your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the University's institutional code is 6681) to the UI Office of Admissions.