The PhD in Accounting is awarded by the Graduate College.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Fall Semester—January 15
- Spring Semester—not offered
- Summer Session—not offered
For this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions, which handles Graduate College applications.
Materials to submit to the department:
- All departmental application materials—including your unofficial academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts), a résumé, statement of purpose, and the names and e-mail addresses of three references—should be uploaded as PDF or Word documents online at the college's PhD Applicant Portal. There is no specific recommendation form.
Materials to send to Admissions:
- Your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Your official GMAT scores from www.mba.com (The University's institutional code is 4RL-2J-92)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."