The Master of Accountancy (MAc) is a nonthesis degree awarded by the Graduate College.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are.
Students who wish to apply for a teaching assistantship must apply to the MAc program no later than March 1.
- Fall Semester—July 15 (April 15 for international students)
- Spring Semester—December 1 (October 1 for international students)
- Summer Session—April 15 (March 1 for international students)
For this degree program, you will need to send some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions, which handles Graduate College applications.
Materials to send to the department:
- Your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (PDF)
- Résumé and cover letter
- A statement of purpose
- A Departmental Form to Designate Your Area of Specialization (PDF)
- A Departmental Scholarship Application Form to apply for financial aid
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A second set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- Your official GMAT scores from www.mba.com (Iowa's institutional code is 4RL-2J-38)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."